in last financial year & since last financial year filters

• What feature do you want to see in Sharesight?

Add “in last financial year” and “since last financial year” date range to the portfolio / holding dashboards.

• Why do you want it?

So it is easy to get info over the time period of

• last full FY
  • last full FY plus the current FY YTD.

• How is this affecting you?

Better useful insights from the info / graphs displayed.

I am new and trialing the Expert Plan. Having entered the trade data, I look for info covering the last full FY but there isn’t an easy way. The existing “in the last year” filter is a sliding year window and not really that useful.

• Do you currently have a workaround solution? If yes, what is it?

None that I am aware of.

• Can we reach out in future to ask follow up questions about this idea?

Sure. I assume you can link back to my Sharesight profile easily.

5 Likes

Yes agree, at least “Last Financial Year” in the dropdowns would be welcome.

1 Like

Wholly agree. It seems bizarre that “last financial year” is not an option.

Yes, I agree. Please Sharesight add this to the drop down options.

Last financial Year is an option on the Performance Report. I think on the Overview Screen we should have an option of selecting any date range exactly as we can on the Performance Report. I think the selection should be identical. Also think if we go from the overview screen to the Performance Report it should keep there same date range.

4 Likes

Agree 100% I would have thought being able access last financial year’sportfolio report is possibly the second most useful report that you want to access, and to have to go through the performance reporting to get it just doesn’t make sense.

Surely this is an easy to implement new feature, which is far more important that new logos etc?

1 Like

Yes, would really like to see “Last Financial Year” and also the ability to select ANY time period - ie a custom “from” and “to”

2 Likes

Agree. Reduce the number of options to 5 it so including last FY and last calender year, but more importantly, add a from/to calender option so the user can choose a custom date range.

Thanks

1 Like

But there are other drawbacks of going through the Performance Report.

• You can’t see the graphs
  • You can’t filter by an individual stock

I only just saw this post.
After I raised a similar one on the missing reporting periods.

Seems to be a lot of people see this as a valuable option.
I dont know why Sharesight dont give more options - its a very minor change.

And the Performance report has to be the slowest report to use - very poor usability

1 Like

Revisiting this post after one plus years. To reiterate:

1 Like

The entire multi-period reporting function in Sharesight could benefit from a genuine reboot. The current reporting capabilities are quite useless in reality to any serious investor trying to compare returns in a single view.