IE and LU ISIN Codes

Hello there. Is there any news on support for IE (Ireland) and LU (Luxembourg) securities? As per other posts there are a large amount of these ISIN codes used by UK/EU investors and it would be great for there to be support for these.

I use the current workaround of custom investments and importing the prices obtained from the FT historical prices website - but it is time consuming if you have a lot of these types of investment.

Thanks, RickyUK

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve passed this on to our product team :slight_smile:

1 Like

I asked that same question about a year ago but got the same answer… I have around 30-40 mutual funds starting with IE or LU across a number of portfolios. In the end, I’ve had to write a program on Python that automatically takes the daily prices on the FT website and uploads them onto Sharesight…

1 Like

Sadly I’m not quite at the level of writing Python at the moment, what you’ve done sounds brilliant. FT.com is a great source for historical pricing information, just wish they didn’t use that ‘unusual’ date format (Monday, February 21, 2022) - took me hours struggling in Excel to convert this to dd/mm/yyyy! :grinning:

I have exactly the same issue. Having some simple functionality for IE/LU ISINs with publicly available prices should be straightfoward.

A lot of LU & IE funds are now available on Yahoo finance. Some of them even have a downloadable csv price history albeit a short one. I wonder if SS is working on integrating these funds that are quite popular in Europe

They’ve just delisted UK funds so I doubt LU or IE based funds will ever be supported.

It’s actually easier done on the Numbers app (Mac). You only need to select the date column & format it as date (dd/mm/yyyy; time none). I usually also delete all the other columns except the close price & then export it as csv file. Once exported as csv it’s best to open it with a text editor to make sure the first line reads as follows “date, price,” without the quotation marks

In excel, to convert wrongly formatted dates - e.g. American to European, or dates with commas, stops or slashes, you can use the data==>text to columns function and select the date format. The function was not made for thatt purpose, but it is the perfect and instant solution.