Holdings transfer between portfolios

It would be very useful to be able to transfer some holdings between portfolios! To do it now it is needed to delete them and upload them again, having to reset everything and confirm all dividend history. A carnage…

Is it possible?

3 Likes

Hi @Pde, it is possible to do so. Our support team can do this on your behalf, you just need to contact us with the following:

1. The portfolio name the holdings are currently in
  2. The ticker code for the holdings you want to move
  3. The portfolio name you want to move these holdings to
1 Like

Thanks, did it. You may add the possibility to do it without telling you?

1 Like

This seems like it should be a standard feature. I often move securities in-kind from a CAD to USD account to avoid exchange rate conversions if I sell. Most banks will set up an RRSP US dollar account along with a Canadian RRSP dollar account so I’m sure it’s common for people to move cash and securities between them.

I would like to see this feature. :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes Jack I know you can do it and you have for me before but surely with the portfolio increase you would rather we did it ourselves. Cant be that difficult to make a user friendly interface?

2 Likes

Opening this conversation again as In Feb 2022 I transferred/contributed one particular share holding from my Investment Account into the RRSP account which is a tax deferral account. The transfer was affected by the Bank agent.
I don’t see such a transaction option available in Sharesight where I can transfer or contribute my shares holdings from my investment account to my RRSP account at a specific rate.
I can see doing this regularly going forward hence building this functionality will be a great feature.
Regards
Asgi Esufali

1 Like

Hi, any development updates on this one, it would be a really useful feature to include, and maybe more efficient (for users and Sharesight) than asking you to do each time? Thanks

1 Like

Many people asking

1 Like

I’ve stumbled across this and wonder if the situation for a transfer between accounts has changed?

Unfortunately I realise only now that my previous way of doing this (using ‘Sell’ and ‘Buy’ trades) is an issue for my past tax calculations.

Also waiting on this feature

Yeah, how much longer do we have to wait for this feature, or maybe an answer from Sharesight?

2 Likes

Any response from ShareSight. I need to do this now.

Hi @ConL this feature is not available to our customers at the moment. Please get in touch with Sharesight support via chat or email if you need any help with moving your holdings and we are happy to assist you.

1 Like