Graph - Time interval is too long

• What feature do you want to see in Sharesight?

More frequent time interval on the graph.

• Why do you want it?

I have been a ShareSight customer for 3 years and as such the gap in time between each ‘dot’ in my main graph is now up to two months, and continues to increase. Since the date of each historical dot changes all of the time, and markets do too, portfolio highs and lows are very inaccurately presented. Lots can happen in markets in two months so you lose a lot of information. The graph currently gives an overview of portfolio performance only in the broadest sense, which may be acceptable for a free tool but not for a paid portfolio tracking software solution.

For a tool like ShareSight visual representations of performance should be front and center. The graph is dated and not fit for purpose.

• How is this affecting you?

The graph doesn’t give me the information I want or even an accurate portrayal of my portfolio performance.

• Do you currently have a workaround solution? If yes, what is it?

No

• Can we reach out in future to ask follow up questions about this idea?

Yes

2 Likes

Hi @Erik1987nz, thanks for the suggestion. Currently we don’t have any plan to add more dot points to the graph but this may change down the line. The current workaround is to change the date option to reduce the gap between each dot point. Please let me know if you have any further question. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I agree – graph intervals too long. How does one see ones portfolio value on a particular date if you cant do this on the graph?