As a user I would like to track how much I've invested each week/month/year

Given sharesight is all about supporting investors get better insights into their investments and track their strategy it surprises me that there is no report that can show how much an investor has…invested across their portfolio?

With many long term investors using the dollar cost averaging strategy this report would be invaluable and also make the platform more ‘sticky’ encouraging users to return to Sharesight to track this key metric to inform future allocations.

1 Like

Agree. It would be useful to see capital allocation.

1 Like

Revisiting after two years. I would like to see how much I’ve invested in:

Im not sure what particularly you think is missing?

There’s average purchase price / a list of purchases and many reports you can export to excel to manipulate for anything more specific…

@sharevision @peter_s thanks for the feedback. Is that like on a graph or something? Technically you can see how much you invested over a period using the Historical Cost Report. The Purchase and Cost of Sales columns show you how much capital did you put in or taken out during the specified period. But you can’t see that over multiple periods.

And just curious is the outcome of this is to better understand where you’ve invested your capital, like a ‘Diversity Report’ but using total cost base instead of current total holding value? Just trying to think what you’re going to do once you have this information. So that will inform how we can go about building it.

Hi there, the use case is for an investor that wants to track their overall investment each week/month/year - particularly useful for someone dollar cost averaging. Right now you have to export a report and then add up the totals for each week/month/year to track this. Ideally you could view a chart.