Which alternative investments are the most popular?

I’m subdividing my personal home into 3 lots, this involved relocating the existing house within the site. I’ve owned this property for almost 10 years, we are building to rent the new homes and will reside in the existing home ourselves.

Our accountant has run the rough numbers for us and these should yield a reasonable return each year (cashflow positive from day one). Should be a nice investment in the long term.

I have been playing with options, using advice from the Motley Fool. It’s expensive advice but has been worth its cost in the longer run (5+ years).
I wish Sharesight could hold information about these options! I’m using Interactive Brokers, which is connecting well with SS for stock transactions - just not these. There is no good easy options tracking site out there in the market, so that’s a hole Sharesight could fill.

Crowdfunding early stage companies is fun, too!

Thanks for the lead on Syndex

RFF has some agri exposure through owning the land and renting it out - VTH might have been better (more diversified in terms of returns because get some share of the harvest) but is being taken over.

Some unlisted options if have enough money e.g. through MIRA or Warakirri, probably some other investment managers.

PE1 for a LIC that invests in private equity but not much info around about it so not sure how good the returns might be.

Then of course various crowdfunding websites like equitise, onmarket etc.

Thanks for this. Definitely worth having a look at.

Physical gold and silver with ABC Bullion in Australia, BrickX which I would love to include in my portfolio if Sharesight can develop a way. On Market for Crowd funding