More crypto assets?

currently looks like only a handful of crypto coins are supported (BTC, ETH)… wondering when would the more popular other alt coins be available to be trackable out of the box?

9 Likes

I’ve made the same request for the following:

ADA (Cardano)
COMP (Compound)
DOGE (Dogecoin)
FORTH (Ampleforth)

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

I suggested they add Crypto Compare https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/ to their API Providers.
A competitor uses it and it works so well for all the different coins out there and tracking realtime price.

6 Likes

Cryptocompare.com looks like a great idea.

2 Likes

I agree. It would be great to have more crypto options so I don’t have to keep an annoying Spreadsheet.

2 Likes

It gets very complicated when you buy XXX with AUD, but there’s no AUDXXX pairing, so you have to go via a stable coin like USDT.

With the ATO considering the USDT→XXX swap as the CGT sale event trigger for the USDT investment, reporting tools have to then cross reference the price of USDT in AUD at the moment the USDT is swapped to XXX. Often it’ll be mere dollars or cents from a few minutes of price movement - but it has to be reported.

Then you’ve got airdrops, staking rewards/…, where AUD has long left the party, but the AUD equivalent has to determined when dropped/rewarded/… both for income and cost base purposes.

Dedicated crypto trackers even struggle, even those US ones that do Australian bank syncing which Sharesight isn’t doing yet.

1 Like

More crypto coins is required, I can only list Bitcoin and Ethereum and not the rest of my holdings :frowning:

3 Likes

As above + Internet Computer (ICP)

Request to add Ergo (ERG).

Thanks

1 Like

I’m currently keeping track of a lot of cryptoassets manually. Updating their NZD value using EasyCrypto. It would be great if we could set things up so this is done automatically.

2 Likes

A possible start is to at least support the top 20? Crypto/Coins by Market Cap weighting. This would give at least give us ADA, XRP, BNB , DOT, SOL, LUNA, for example.

6 Likes

Another vote to add more crypto coins please!

3 Likes

Agree with need for top 20 cryptos please.

Also – need to add a trade type to account for transfer fees and other costs which would reduce holdings.

very keen for SOLANA (SOL) to be supported. - or at least the top 20 by marketcap.

Im doing the same for ADA and Invictus C20 token. It’s painful, but the only way right now. I did manage to speed things up slightly by exporting daily price list from CoinGecko as a CSV (you can track ADA/NZD this way as well, removing the currency conversion step), and uploading to custom holding, as opposed to individually typing a price and date. Still tedious though…

How are people accounting for gas fees when moving coins between wallets? Only way I can work out is a [close to] zero value sell trade, and adding the gas/txn fee value as brokerage…

I finally entered the crypto world. What an entrance!!! 10% in 1 day. Pretty good timing :grinning:
I’m all for supporting the top 10 cryptos too. SOL and DOT especially.

There’s something bugging. When I add a holding for Bitcoin or Ethereum, the growth appears as currency gain. But when I add other cryptos as “custom investment”, the growth appears as capital gains.
From a tax perspectives they should be considered capital gains, shouldn’t they?

Dear Sharesight
Any news on the addition of the top 10 or top 20 cryptos please?

1 Like

any update?

This community seems to have a lot of good ideas but very little, if any, movement from the product team…

How do people account for staking in Sharesight?

My workaround is to add a new trade with zero value. you then need to delete the price (otherwise it thinks the value is zero). and then manually update the crypto price…

Try the “Bonus” option.

1 Like