I’ve just finished my 7 day free trial with Sharesight. It looks like a fairly decent product, although there a few gaps that make it rather frustrating to use. I’m going to give it a year and the product continues to improve.
Key improvements I would like to see (in order of priority).
- Broker - Ability to tag transactions by Broker! There really should be a separate ‘tag’ for broker. If the answer is a broker per portfolio then the number of portfolios needs to be dramatically increased.
- Cash accounts - Virtually useless in current setup. Ability to select cash account by trade → Cash Accounts - select per trade
- Portfolios - The number of allowed portfolios is woefully low. I would need 10 portfolios based on current tax requirements in the UK and NZ. e.g. ISA, SIPP, Kiwisaver, EIS, General, etc.
- Crypto - Need more crypto prices. Very easy solution to fix….?
- CSV uploads - for cash, dividends, etc
- Reporting - is good but doesn’t give you much flexibility. Ability to generate basic custom reports e.g. run a performance report excluding certain stocks.
- Groups & Labels - Confused by the difference between ‘groups’ and ‘labels’. Labels seem like a dumbed down version of groups - you can’t use labels in a number of reports? Groups are limited but what is the purpose of labels?
Would be great if there was a public roadmap to see what is upcoming.