Please excuse me if I have terminologies wrong or perhaps written unclearly.
I have been very fortunately awarded stock in a company I work for… twice.
The stock is a NYSE ($USD) stock, and I am an Australian ($AUD) citizen for tax.
The stock is not mine until it vests (typically 3 years from the date they are awarded) and I am not sure how to setup the Sharesight portfolio options or record the holdings accurately… so as not to misrepresent the taxes withheld or impact my tax reporting etc.
Here is the exact scenario which I copied the data from the share portal:
- 70 shares awarded on 6-Feb-2014
- Which vested to me on 15-Feb-2017 (on this day 33 were held as tax withholding, leaving 37 remaining)
- Dividends on the vested shares have been paid over the regular dividend periods, to a cash account within the portal
- 130 shares awarded on 7-Feb-2019
- Which will vest to me on 16-Feb-2022
I don’t know how to setup the portfolio (such as currency) or how to record the vesting which happened in 2017… the deduction of shares withheld for tax or how to record the dividends.
Is this something anybody could share any advice, perhaps you’ve managed this scenario before?