compulsory aquisition

Hi,

First question so apologies if this has already been asked. I’m tidying up my portfolio and one of my old shares ‘Bigair’ which was suspended with a compulsory acquisition and
then issued with 0.371 Super loop shares per Bigair shares. I’m just wondering how to document this properly within the sharesight ecosystem.

Hi there,
We do not handle the mergers and acquisitions. Please follow the steps below to handle mergers and acquisitions at Sharesight.

How to handle merger & acquisition
Most M&A comes in 3 forms:

1. All-cash
    You receive cash in return for selling your shares to the acquiring company.

Add a sell trade to close off your position.

1. All-stock
    You receive ownership in the acquiring company.

Use the merge feature to convert your holding to the acquiring company at a announced ratio.

1. Part cash/Part stock
    You receive a mix of cash and stock of the acquiring company.

Add a ‘Return of Capital’ trade for the cash portion.
Then use the merge feature to convert your holding to the acquiring company at the announced ratio.
*The guide above is a suggestion on how to handle M&A in Sharesight and is not a finance or tax advice. We advise you to consult your financial advisor or accountant. We also encourage you to review the official Documents for full details.

Please reach out to us at Support@sharesight.co.nz if you require further help on this.

Thanks

1 Like