Answer questions about how to use Sharesight for a chance to win

Provide your best possible answer to any question asked in the Sharesight Community Forum related to using existing Sharesight features for the chance to win 6 months off an annual subscription* or renewal of the Starter, Investor or Expert plan.

At the end of each month, all qualifying answers are judged and the best 5 answers will be selected by the Sharesight Team. A winning answer will be accurate, helpful, and often will include examples, links, screenshots, or even video.

The competition will run until 31 December 2021, meaning that the final month to participate for a chance to win is December.

Best of luck!
The Sharesight Team

*6 months off the monthly price when you subscribe to a yearly subscription of the Starter, Investor or Expert plan.
**Must renew or subscribe in 6 months

3 Likes

Hi JessInvest, I have been using ShareSight for more than a year. It all started when I attended a presentation at the Australian Shareholders Association. I have been investing in shares since about 1990 when the CBA was privatized (I worked for the CBA). In May 2002 I set up my SMSF and had developed a simple Excel program (that I still use today) to record and monitor transactions. I was also using BGL 360 Accounting program to produce my annual return and StockDoctor to help analyze investments. I was amazed at how simple it was to convert both the SMSF and personal investments to the ShareSight Platform.
I daily monitor and update transactions - I don’t have to worry about the ASX listed investments because that are automatically captured (none are missed) I only need to confirm them. I mostly invest in ETFs and at the end of the fiscal year I enter details from the Tax Statements and the ShareSight Program produces information to assist with my completing the Taxation Return using the Taxable Income Report and Capital Gains Tax Report. I also use the Unrealized CGT Report to determine the best shares to sell to offset any capital gains.
I wish that this program was available when I first started investing - it is a godsend.
John

7 Likes

Hi John,

Don’t tell them that. They will put their prices up. This is our best kept secret.

1 Like

Noted - but that could be a deathknell.
Cheers,
John

1 Like