Transfers between cash accounts

• What feature do you want to see in Sharesight?
I want to be able to transfer funds between Sharesight cash accounts
• Why do you want it?
So that I don’t have to do separate debits and credits
• How is this affecting you?
It irritates me that something so simple is not already there
• Do you currently have a workaround solution? If yes, what is it?
Avoiding using cash accounts as much as I can
• Can we reach out in future to ask follow up questions about this
idea?
Sure

4 Likes

Hi @MattPP :wave: This is already an available feature if you are using Xero. Check out our help page here for further details on connecting your portfolio to Xero.

Hi Piumi,

I don’t use Xero because I don’t need a full on accounting package to run a share portfolio - that’s why I have Sharesight. What I’m looking for couldn’t be simpler, just the addition of another Type of cash transaction (in addition to Deposit, Withdrawal, etc), ie, Transfer between accounts within Sharesight. It makes no sense to make a Withdrawal in one account and then a Deposit in the other account when all I’m doing is moving money from one to the other.

2 Likes

I second MattPP’s suggestion.

Saying that you can do it in Xero is saying “double your cost of using Sharesight to do this” because I’d have to double my cost. Instead of paying for a sharesight subscription, I’d have to pay for a sharesight subscription and a xero subscription, just to do a transfer between accounts.

I’m sorry, but the response simply isn’t good enough for paid product to say that such a simple request is only available for double the price.

If xero had a free subscription model, that response would be fine, but it doesn’t, so it doesn’t stack up as an acceptable workaround.

2 Likes

This should be a stanbdard featue for the Cash Accounts. Most users would have multiple accounts associated with their portfolio, and all we want to do is have an easy way to transfer between those accounts without having to enter 2 transactions.

2 Likes