Bulk upload for Cash account

It looks like for the cash accounts there is no bulk upload option. I don’t think I can do this with the standard share upload feature. Please correct me if I am wrong here. For me it would be great to be able to upload my banks CSV files for may savings accounts rather than do this manually.

7 Likes

@KennyW

A version of this is possible with API access - though I am still having issues with the date sometimes being off by one. Here’s a link to the method I use..

If you’re not very technically minded then it will require sharesight to provide an upload facility - though they may suggest using their integration with Xero instead.

1 Like

Naedish,

Thanks very much for the feedback, very quick and very helpful. You are right, I am clueless about API, so I wouldn’t know where to start there, so probably not for me. I don’t have a Xero account. I took a look and the typical membership is £25pcm which is a bit much for me since all I was looking to do was add my bank transactions just to get a better picture of the wider portfolio and not required for business reporting, but if people are using Xero, I would be interested to here what membership people are using and what they think of it.

Anyway, I would also be interested to hear from Sharesight to see if they have considered adding a bulk CSV import for cash transactions. I would expect it to be quite easy to do based on their existing infrastructure.

3 Likes

Yes, @Sharesight. Please add this. Provide a csv/excel template and let us upload our Cash Balance . Thanks

2 Likes

I agree that this would be a great feature. Personally, I work with API’s often enough, but just don’t have the time or the desire to get something to work since I know it will be at least a 10-15 hour time investment to get it working.

2 Likes

+1 for this. My cash account has hundreds of historical transactions which I need to import in order to get an accurate view of my historical net worth.

1 Like

Hi @Naedish

A follow-up to this string. Are there any plans to develop a feature which would allow the import of cash account transactions via a csv file?

I’m trying to do a bit of portfolio restructuring, and I really don’t want to have to manually upload 100’s of transactions.

Thanks …

Yes, I’m adding my support for this feature as well. This would be very useful for me.

+1 to this

Really need this functionality to be added to be a more complete solution, without it the solution just does not give a complete view of my portfolio unless I spend way too many hours manually entering transactions. Should be such a simply feature to add given the extremely tedious add individual Cash Account Transaction function only has 5 fields, none of which would impact Income or CGT positions anyway. I’m not interested in developing my own @SharesightAPI interface, the development team of Sharesight should be able to program this in a few hours max plus a day of change, test and release governance and it would then be available for everyone, saving so many people huge amount more hours than what it would take to actually add this funtionality. Think of your customers Sharesight and please get this done.

Hi @audeinvest thanks for the feedback. Just want to understand your use case if you don’t mind.

1. Are you looking to track your bank account transactions or cash balance sitting in brokerage account? Or both?
  2. And am I correct to assume your outcome is to be able to view/track total wealth? Or are there any outcome i.e reconciling dividends, cash inflow/outflow across various cash/bank acc associated with the cash transaction upload?

Thanks!

Hi @RickyYeo,
Yes outcome is to view/track total wealth made up of combined share holdings and related cash accounts that I have. This would allow me to see on a page my alignment to target portfolio mix, but at the moment I either need to manually enter every cash transaction, or do an consolidated debit or credit by summing up all recent transactions offline and then entering as one transaction once every month or so. However doing it that way does not allow for a quick search through the individual transactions to search for an amount, or a keyword in the description field (like a ticker code), so being able to import transactions is certainly the preferred method.
Thanks.

Thanks @audeinvest that is very helpful. And I take that you want to track both bank accounts and brokerage accounts?

What is the use case for searching individual transaction? Is that something you do frequently i.e daily, weekly, monthly etc?

Just a +1 here for a bulk upload. For the last 12 months, I have 100+ cash transactions in a single brokerage account (they manage it, so I don’t make the trades myself). I sure don’t want to manually enter those. Thanks!