Bulk upload for Cash account

It looks like for the cash accounts there is no bulk upload option. I don’t think I can do this with the standard share upload feature. Please correct me if I am wrong here. For me it would be great to be able to upload my banks CSV files for may savings accounts rather than do this manually.

2 Likes

@KennyW

A version of this is possible with API access - though I am still having issues with the date sometimes being off by one. Here’s a link to the method I use..

If you’re not very technically minded then it will require sharesight to provide an upload facility - though they may suggest using their integration with Xero instead.

Naedish,

Thanks very much for the feedback, very quick and very helpful. You are right, I am clueless about API, so I wouldn’t know where to start there, so probably not for me. I don’t have a Xero account. I took a look and the typical membership is £25pcm which is a bit much for me since all I was looking to do was add my bank transactions just to get a better picture of the wider portfolio and not required for business reporting, but if people are using Xero, I would be interested to here what membership people are using and what they think of it.

Anyway, I would also be interested to hear from Sharesight to see if they have considered adding a bulk CSV import for cash transactions. I would expect it to be quite easy to do based on their existing infrastructure.

1 Like

Yes, @Sharesight. Please add this. Provide a csv/excel template and let us upload our Cash Balance . Thanks

1 Like

I agree that this would be a great feature. Personally, I work with API’s often enough, but just don’t have the time or the desire to get something to work since I know it will be at least a 10-15 hour time investment to get it working.

1 Like