Sharesight Notepad

• What feature do you want to see in Sharesight?
I would like to see a notepad on the screen that pops up when I start Sharesight. I can write down any action points when looking at an item. At the end of the session my collection of comments will be available when I next log in.
• Why do you want it?
I usually have “bright” ideas when looking at stocks, and may think, I should sell this, or buy more etc at $x…Writing down the comments, and having them pop up on the Sharesight screen will greatly help me.
• How is this affecting you?
It causes me to have paper notes, or start a text note, when completed, the note will not be available to me when I restart Sharesight, unless I remember to also find the note.
• Do you currently have a workaround solution? If yes, what is it?
As said earlier, I open a txt note and save it to my screen.
• Can we reach out in future to ask follow up questions about this idea?
Yes.

1 Like

Same here, a comments field would be helpful to keep notes on overall Portfolio intentions.
I do note that each asset has a “Comments” section on the right but again to the OP’s point, unless you remember the note you forget.

My Solution?

1. Add a Portfolio comments to the Portfolio Overview page as per the OP.
  2. Add a Notification next to an asset, like you do for dividends but maybe a N and in Green or another colour to show its different. This will visually remind us we have stored a Comment against that Asset. When we delete the comment the green N in this case goes away.