Managed Fund Tax Statement Reconciliation

Hi Jack,

Does this mean that if we wait a little while, our AMMA statement from Vanguard (and others) will be automatically updated in Sharesight? OR do we still have to input our ETF statements manually?

If it’s automatic, do you know how long we’d have to wait?

Thanks,

Ask and you shall receive! We just loaded these in last night! Check this thread for more information!

2 Likes

Because I add PDFs of the distributions and confirm them during the year it seems that Sharesight doesn’t pre-populate the info from the tax statements. At least I’m guessing that’s the reason.

I was looking forward to Sharesight making the Tax Statement process easier for me but out of 13 trusts only one is populated, so not really of much benefit to me. I’m sure there’s good technical reasons why it has to be done that way, but it is a severe limitation.

I only just realised that entering the Annual AMIT Statement will adjust the Income and Trades for that investment and hence also adjust the DRP amounts which results in incorrect balances. I’ve ened up wasting hours recorrecting this :roll_eyes:

This is obvoiusly less than ideal and I am looking for the best compromise to get the most out of Sharesight. I personally don’t need my holdings compiled into an annual tax report as they are autopoulated in MyTax. Is the important component to ensure is correct is the AMIT Cost Base adjustment value as this is what will be neeeded to calculate my capital gain or loss when I sell my holdings in the future? Similarly, if I leave the other values in the Sharesight Tax Report varying from the AMIT statements that won’t affect how capital gains will be calculated when I sell? Thanks!

1 Like

CharterHall WALE ETF has an amount at 13L (Primary Producer income). There is no label in the tax reconciliation area for 13L.

This is good @Jack_Sharesight , but why can’t we forward our fund statements to sharesight like we do trade advice and let SS do the steps in this video? Seems like a pretty obvious request?

hi @faye.volunteer how did you go with this problem?

@Jack_Sharesight I am having the same problem of how to capture the 13L component if the CLW AMIT in the Trust Income report. should this value just be added to another field, assuming it is a sub component?

1 Like

I added it to unfranked. I just completed my tax return online through mygov and they had the correct allocation through autofill.

hi @faye.volunteer, ah great about ATO having it right, btw where in ss do you add it to unfranked? thanks for you help.

So I’m trialling Sharesight for the first time with a simple portfolio - only managed fund is VDHG.

Throughout the year, I have ensured the DRP balance tracking is correct (except for a off-by-1c-issue that I could never trace down due to rounding). Once I complete this AMMA statement reconciliation - it appears to have butchered all my numbers - my DRP balance is now incorrect as of today (new quarter).

Sharesight is now incorrectly loading the VDHG distribution DRP from today with an incorrect share amount (1 off) as a result.

Is this the standard experience? From what I can see what from the posts above, is it impossible to:

(a) Have dividend payments & DRP up to date and then
(b) Complete the end of year AMMA reconciliation and then
(c) Enter the new financial year with a correct DRP balance?

That’s my experience. You CAN do the AMMA reconciliation from the income report for each trust/fund by entering the values in the fields provided (pretty easy nowadays) but you can’t have Sharesight do it automatically as that loses PDF attachments and DRPs. If you enter the DRPs during the year and do the AMMA reconciliations manually it does keep the correct share balances.

1 Like