How to handle the Woolworths (ASX: WOW) - Endeavour Demerger?

Playing around a bit more, it appears that if your holding starts with an Opening Balance (rather than a Buy), the Unrealised CGT Report will always regard any profit as being a long-term profit, subject to the discount. In the case of EDV shares coming from WOW, this may well be correct, but also may not be.

Can any Sharesight expert confirm this, please?

Hi @Rob_H, with opening balance trades, they are treated as being held for more than 12 months and will show as long term capital gains when sold or on the unrealised CGT report.

With EDV specifically, if sold and it’s actually a short-term gain, the workaround is to just adjust the opening balance trade for EDV to a buy trade.

I just found this thread one year on! I’m wondering share sight - it’s great information - why can’t you make this available from the main application website to anyone with this relevant share holding? rather than users having to find them on the community, why can’t you create a note or “action” for anyone with a particular share to a community forum thread or the “how to” guide?

I followed these instructions but 6 – ‘Cost Base Reduction’: This should auto populate. Did NOT auto populate for me.

I’m using a Mac and I tried both safari and chrome by the way. same result.

@Steve_A Can you reach out to our support team directly if you haven’t already? We’ll be able to look into this one in more detail :+1: