• What feature do you want to see in Sharesight?
Report on exposure / diversity across my ETF holdings:
- Ability to see stock exposure across a range ETF holdings (e.g. how much of my portfolio is in APPL given I’m invested across multiple tech ETFs) 2) ability to see country exposure across a range of ETF holdings 3) ability to see growth/value exposure across a range of ETF holdings. 4) slightly different request…but which stock across my ETFs has performed the best (maybe I then want to then trade that stock on it’s own)
• Why do you want it?
to help me manage risk and balance my portfolio.
• How is this affecting you?
It takes me days to manually work this out. I do not have a complete picture of how exposed I am to certain countries or individual stocks.
• Do you currently have a workaround solution? If yes, what is it?
manually look at each ETF webpage - and fill in a very large spreadsheet.
• Can we reach out in future to ask follow up questions about this idea?
I was about to make the same suggestions. With so many passive ETF investors now I’m sure there would be many who find this valuable. I guess the challenge with this is that not all ETF providers make their underlying holdings and characteristics available in a standardised way, so would require that sharesight scrape this data. Perhaps having the ability for us as users to manually specify the underlying holdings and characteristics per ETF holding would provide the functionality we need whilst making the solution more hands off for sharesight to implement.
If this were implemented, I would like to see the following characteristics supported
- Underlying holdings
- Underlying holding countries
- Underlying holding industries
Functionally, the following would make this useful
- A toggle on the holdings breakdown page (/porfolios) to expose underlying characteristics. This would mean that rather than one section that just lumps together ‘Investment trusts / mutual funds’, we have a section for each aggregate underlying characteristic
- A similar function in the diversity report
100% behind this idea. I hold a significant portion of my portfolio in ETF’s and am dreading the next rebalance.
Yeah I think the issue with this will be more on the ETF providers not providing anywhere where this is in a standard data format (each company’s would be different) and/or updated as soon as they are rebalanced, would likely be very hard to do…
I’m very interested in this feature as well. I’m sure most users would benefit from it. Not just etfs but funds in general.
This would be a killer feature than many passive investors would love (no platform offers it for retail users as I understand).
If getting the raw data for all the etfs/funds is difficult for sharesight, I’d at least like to have the option of allocating different % of the fund under each custom group and other groups for each etf/fund.