BUYING/SELLING shares , Right or Wrong

On LH , drops of 5%-10% have always proven to be good entry this far, but really with Joe anytime is good time . If I had some other hobby or more fuller life I would let Joe handle every single dollar . As it is ,I have fallen in love with all things investing and just can’t let go .

Sorry for confusion , 3 month weekly really means weekly , any EMA weekly will show same number in the end so EMA weekly which you can look at 3 months or 1 year or 5 years is the same EMA . Same with Daily , 1 Month daily , 3 month Daily or yearly Daily is the same . Daily is not same as weekly ( as you will notice the volatility , whipsaw with daily is bit toomuch. EMA monthly is what I base my buys and sells on , this one corelates greatly with 200DMA . So for EMA monthly I look at 5 year monthly chart , For 3 EMA Weekly I look 3 month weekly chart and for EMA Daily I look month Daily or 1 month Daily chart . With Commsec I click on charts , click on Indicator, scroll on the left to Trends , click on EMA and proceed from there .

Few reporting today for me being CSL, FPH, NEA and PME. To my very untrained eye all look good.

CSL, PME on target , FPH update better than expected , NEA as long as its below the line like for most of the last year total waste of time imo. Many stocks are going to do “this and that” one day , one year in the future . Until that actually happens … it just hope or prediction. I don’t know the future and the only TRUE fact atm is the share price . It does not excite me what’s so ever .If and when it starts shooting up it will tell us something is cooking somewhere :slight_smile: That is why I like the line barrier , it decides mathematically for me , my emotions or what I read elsewhere can easily sway ones mind but the share price is the real fact , speaking to us :slight_smile:

Just looked at NEA. Line not that far away atm.

Eel you are smart to ask me :slight_smile: NEA line might be near but it’s quite hopeless atm , it is NOT growing , what would be use investing with the line that is not growing but going sideways or even falling . Look at the perfect NDQ line , growing like a rocket , so is the SP , those two are married and move together . If the line is falling we don’t want to invest in it , when line turns upwards ( it will only do so after the SP move positively , than we start . NEA has some time to go to do that imo. As always bus that moves north East is the bus we want , bus that GOES SIDEWAYS OR SOUTH …will never take us to Brisbane.

NEA , have alook at 5 year 200D and you’ll see the line from 2018-2020 and cpmpare to what we have now .

NEA , Eel I don’t want to interfere in your investing but why is it important that you have NEA , having LHSC you are already exposed to NEA by good clip , if I am allowed to suggest it might be better to invest in something great that LHSC doe not hold , FPH is good case in point . Ofcourse I am also hinting at something that is rising , market is at all times high , any stock that isn’t closely following or doing better than the market shouldn’t really deserve our money , imo only of course.

Thank you Farming for your detailed explanation on EMA. It is now another tool in my investment toolbox. It is greatly appreciated. :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

farming - I have held NEA for a while now. My current holdings are ALL, ALU, APX, ASIA, ATEC, CAR, CSL, FPH, MHH, MFG, MQG, NDQ, NEA, PME, PPH, RMD, VGS, XRO and both LH funds.

I always think about NEA and putting proceeds straight into LH small Caps.

TBH I am happy with my overall portfolio, just always thinking about small ways to improve. I have some money sitting there from sale of investment property. Vast majority will be going into both LH funds, then NDQ and ATEC.

Good stuff Eel , you are master of picking great stocks and sticking with them . NEA’s time will come one day , if and when it becomes a premier league player many of us will jump in , boots and all .

farming I think you are right re NEA. I may start with sale of half and put into LH small caps?

LH Smalls will take care of NEA and therefore yes-no irritation that you might feel atm . I was thinking about Joe and his two funds the other day and decided if I was in any of them I wouldn’t invest in same stocks he does , rather send him some money and use my money in the stuff he hasn’t got investments in , that way my net would be cast across bigger area . Catch more fish , so to speak :slight_smile:

Yes I agree farming, however we both have ALU, NEA and PME that I know of. He was wrapping ALU big time and I have had that since $4.00. I also love PME and had since $16.00 average. He did say he thought that had grown too fast.

Baby steps for me and selling half of NEA would be a good start. It actually fits into my plan as I want less individual stocks anyway. I have not added any new ones for long time. New money into existing and LH.

On possible chopping list is ASIA, APX, NEA. LH and ATEC would cover this.

Try and put PNI and LSF on your watchlist if you can , both funds and have outperformed MFG , ATEC and ASIA and few others too , I stole PNI from Joe and have had both for sometime . They are very expensive atm very far from the line but if and when they get nearer they would make great investments imo.

1 Like

Hi Farming, I have sold out of ASIA last week because of the geopolitical risk and I also have some spare funds. I am now looking for champions to either starting a new position in or to top up. My current PF has the following champions: CSL, NDQ ,RMD, MQG and MFG. (I know MFG may be losing its champion status). I am thinking of ALL and FPH. Any thoughts/suggestions? Many thanks. :grinning:

Hi Fionaleung , I am bit concerned about next years growth for both ALL and FPH . I do hold both but to grow from this levels by any decent % will be hard in the next 12 months imo . I guess I am saying that our returns aren’t going to be great as in the past . Tbh in champions side I don’t find bargains atm . Everything seems to be in the prices and the only stuff that looks bit cheaper are stocks that are nearer the line , like REA , BAP, AX1, RHC, ANN and CTD . I hold all of them but watching them as they get to the 200DMA . Most of them flagged small or same growth as in the past due to latest lockdown etc. If you are not averse to having ACDC , RBTZ, ESPO and HACK they might present reasonable opportunity going forward . I am waiting for good news from other Champions before I add more . On my watchlist are APX, MFG and NST who are all trading below the line so I’ll wait for them to go above and start accumulating . On the hand August to October seasonality might gift us with some bargains soon . I also live in hope that LSF and PNI and NDQ would drop to decent level where I will fill my boots with them . They are so far from the line that 10%-20% drop can only be opportunity , unlike in many others .

Thanks farming. I have been watching PNI as Big Joe has it. Might look at a swap for ASIA.

ASIA I am waiting for upturn too , no use staying there since it went below the line , as we don’t know what Chinese govt will do we can only rely on poor old line to tell us to go in and out . ASIA is perfect example how something was so good that turned out not so good so soon .

Thank you Farming. Great advises as usual and they are much appreciated.
I have already ACDC, RBTZ, CLDD and ESPO in my PF. They are small trial parcels purchased some 6 months ago to add favour to my NDQ holding (that represents 23% of my PF). I am now more confident with them and plan to top them up gradually. I think I will also start a position on HACK per your suggestion given the increasing importance of cyber security.
I have been very impressed by the performance of NDQ with its almost straight 200D line. I believe the giant US tech companies it includes will continue to drive the NASDEQ index further up for a long time to come. So I plan to top it and LHGG up in the future (Sept/Oct ?). At the same time, I will also keep an eye on PNI and LSF per your suggestion. Again, the 200D line shall be my guide on the timing. At least that is the plan. I live in hope!
Finally, thank you again for your generous advises and suggestions. Cheers. :grinning:

2 Likes