Bulk price upload for custom investments

It would be amazing to be able to import daily prices from a single .csv or .xlsx file for more than one custom investment at a time.
I have around 80 custom investments that are currently not supported by ShareSight and in order to update the price I have to upload 80 different files every week or so, which is quite time consuming. I appreciate there might not be a lot of people with that many custom investments but I thought I’d share this improvement idea anyway.
Thanks!

3 Likes

As this is the only way for many funds, VC and PE investments this feature would be a huge win for flexibility.

I checked the API documentation and V3 API exposes the full custom investment and pricing data.

I will wait for a bulk csv import for sometime and if it doesn’t come maybe develop a custom google sheets sync project via APIs for maintaining custom investments and price history

There is a good base project by Richard Jones GitHub - RJ/sharesight-custom-investment-price-updater: updates vg small cap price to sharesight

1 Like

I’ve written a Python script that pulls daily prices from the FT website and automatically updates Sharesight for all my custom investments. I just wished it was simpler than that!