Short and long call/put options

I have options that I bought that were listed on the ASX and now they have expired, how do I enter this transaction in sharesight

I agree with this. I do have a v1 idea that could be easier to implement for dividend investors.

For me, I write short calls and puts against a long portfolio. From my investment returns perspective, these are “dividends” against my existing holdings.

A simple feature which would help is if there is a bulk import (similar to stock trades) for dividends that we could use as a work around and market the call/put writing income as “dividend” or “option income”.

I know there are specific tax treatments for this kind of thing, but I don’t use Sharesight for producing after-tax returns so that’s not important.

+1 to support the addition of options tracking

1 Like

I am also interested in tracking short/long calls and put options.

I would also like to track my long-dated call options. It would be really useful

Hi All…I was considering Sharesight as a benchmarking portfolio tracker but I do a mix of stock & options. I tried importing my portfolio & it doesn’t seem like it supports my covered call trades. Am I correct in this? If so, does anyone know of an alternative portfolio performance tracker for DIY investors that can benchmark option techniques?

I also would love to see support for long/short Options. Baby steps are the way to go. If it would be too costly and/or difficult to automatically track pricing, then don’t. I think it would be very helpful just to support the sale of call/put options without automatic price updates for the time-being. I guess that this would require the support of a short sell in stocks as well(?).

Looking at this thread, there has been a ton of support for this feature for three years now.

This was suggested so long ago and it’s STILL not a feature. It’s very frustrating having to enter options trades manually. Definitely easier in a spreadsheet but need to keep it in sharesight to track all investments in one platform. I would really love to see options support soon. Is it coming?