Off market share transfer from trustee to child turning 18 yrs

I bought shares for a grandchild when young. They were bought in my name as trustee for the child who has now turned 18 yrs old. I want to transfer ownership to them. I understand this can be done off market “in specie” without triggering a capital gain.

However, I do not know how to do the transfer and am looking for some guidance please.

Hi @Fitzy welcome to the community.
You can close position for these holding by entering a cancellation trade at cost and it will not create a CGT event for your portfolio.
The receiving party can add the shares as an opening balance at cost in their portfolio.