Future Income Report

Enhancements
I’d love to see a split bar chart actual based on known data (ie Dividends) and an estimated which you can turn on/off with a tick box.

The Estimate would be that fact that it knows this is a quarterly paid share and the last paid dividend was x and you now own y shares. So the estimate is this much income. If you untick estimated it only shows future income that has been recorded officially.

Why & Workaround
Manually updating a spreadsheet as the system doesnt always capture monthly paying Dividends like SRET until the Ex Date and tats not really a future Income report but more a present income report.

Can you reach out
Yes

4 Likes

Hi Jess
My initial comments are below. I find the content pretty good. Cheers

*What enhancements to the future income report would you find useful?

1. It would be helpful if the holding name headings on the excel export of the report were consistent with other reports (say Historical cost and Performance Reports). Preferred order would be: Name, Code, Market, Portfolio

• Why do you want this enhancement /how is this affecting you?
I combine some data across reports and having a consistent format makes the reports easier to read.

• Do you currently have a workaround solution? If yes, what is it?
I am currently adjusting my excel formulae to handle the differences

• Can we reach out in the future to ask you follow-up questions?
Yes, Of course

2 Likes

That’s great to hear @mwse and welcome to the Community. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback.

What enhancements to the future income report would you find useful?
I’d like to see projected income based on the dividends paid in the prior year and/or estimates from research companies (like MorningStar, Goldman Sachs etc.) instead of only the ones that have been announced.
Why do you want this enhancement /how is this affecting you?
Generally dividends are only announced a month or so before they are paid, so the report isn’t really useful for predicting cash flow for anything other than the immediate term.
Do you currently have a workaround solution? If yes, what is it?
I used to look up each company on MarketIndex.com.au and see the dividends they paid in the prior year to predict cash flow, however as this is generally more effort than it is worth, I don’t do it that often anymore.
Can we reach out in the future to ask you follow-up questions?
Sure. I don’t want to share my email here for privacy reasons, but I’m happy for someone at ShareSight to look it up or send me a direct message.

10 Likes

I agree Tony, I want an option to see estimated cashflow based off previous month, quarter or year (Dividend dependant) based on current QTY held. Otherwise the report only shows a 2-4 week projection and doesn’t always capture accurately.

I know some people will only want to see factual known data which was why in my post I suggested a tick box that would add the projected data to the report as an estimate.

2 Likes

It would be advantageous if this report could initially highlight the ex-dividend date as soon as it is known.

2 Likes

I guess it is just one of those things where it is relevance vs reliability.
It is relevant to know projected dividends, even if they haven’t been announced for cash flow purposes, but it isn’t overly reliable to assume the last dividend paid (or some other forecast) will be the same as the next one.
Personally, I don’t know anyone who would only like to know the announced dividends as it just isn’t timely enough to be useful, however that doesn’t mean those people don’t exist. A checkbox (like you suggested) would be the best of both worlds.

4 Likes

Can you add a Total amount at the bottom of the report for the entries listed. Same as in other reports.
Thanks

3 Likes

It would be nice to have some sort of visual guide to expected dividend payments.

E.g - I got bored one day and mapped out a bunch of stocks.

An option to toggle this view between ticker and $ value would also be nice. This can just be a simple % average dividend extrapolation. (Or even more fun, maybe let users customise their expected dividend per stock!)

Probably also have to consider an AUD/USD/Combined stocks toggle on this view, to let people see their various country positions.

As others have said, the current report is a 2-4 week outlook, so Sharesight would need to (at a minimum) map out expected dividend months per stock and guess the % payout based on history.

But I just feel it would be much cleaner to see everything in a visual rather than a table.

4 Likes

Yes agreed a total amount particularly before franking credits to get a prediction of cash component expected

1 Like

My Concept of a rolling 12M “Future” Income Report modelled of previous dividend amounts and current QTY Held. Obviously it’s not 100% but I think we are all showing we are after an Estimated Cashflow Style Report. That and maybe a Total Dividend Growth over time report etc.

4 Likes

Sharesight lack more information and functions for dividend investors. I would like to see even if not exactly correct:

• expected yearly dividends (annual income)
    -annual dividends per holding and percentage of the total income for every holding.
    -I would love to have a graph showing a dividend income quarterly and yearly so I can see my growing income over time
    -dividend yield of the portfolio and yield on cost of the portfolio.
4 Likes

Agree with everyone else - by holding, an estimate at least a year out of future estimated dividend payments by month paid, and the ability to tell which are actual and which are estimates. A nice to have is being able to graph multiple years and periods to see growth.

1 Like

Hi @Jaybee thanks for joining the Community. Good news, this is included in the current report. As you can see in the screenshot example below we are showing an ex-date for 2022.

I hope this helps, please let our support team know via chat below if you need any help to locate.

What feature do you want to see in Sharesight?
Ability to apply/filter on labels in the Future income. Also include labels as a column on exported report

• Why do you want it?
I have applied labels to my DRP/Cash dividend holdings. If I can apply labels I can see cash v non-cash projections. Also other labels - good to see splits on those basis

• How is this affecting you?
Most impact is twice a year at larger div payment periods need to do this manually

• Do you currently have a workaround solution? If yes, what is it?
Currently have to export to excel and split forward projection manually between cash/non-cash

• Can we reach out in future to ask follow up questions about this idea?
Yes
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi
Please provide an update on timing for this report to be enhanced.

I am using this report a lot more. I run it for my consolidated views (e.g. all of my portfolios) for historic dates then it shows which transactions have not been confirmed/reconciled. This makes ensuring distributions are all up to date very easy - and is an alternative(/better?) approach than working through unconfirmed transactions on the Overview page - which show declared but not yet paid items.

Also - As requested last year - being able to filter it by label (where I have identified holdings with/without DRP) would further enhance this experience.

Please advise
Many thanks

Agree, even if it’s just based on yield from Yahoo multiplied out. We all know the dividends move around and it’s purely semi-theoretical but it would be very helpful anyway.

Hi, The aim of my portfolio is to generate cash income. I am tracking the historic cash income received on an annual basis over the period of ownership. It would be great to have a report that shows this.

1 Like

If I understand your comment - this info is in the performance report (for a specified single period).

Even better see the multi-period report which shows cash income for up to 5 specified periods (available with the ‘Expert Plan’) .

Hope this helps