Does anyone from the Sharesight Product Team monitor this forum?

It seems there are various bugs and ideas for improvements reported in this community.
However there doesn’t seem to be anyone from Sharesight responding or commenting.

And more importantly I don’t see many examples of issues being fixed.

This means that people are less likely to raise issues or suggest improvements going forward.

Whats the best way to engage with the product team around bugs and improvements?

Hi @zavatari the feature requests in this forum are monitored and go through an evaluation process. We do publish our release notes in this link and sometimes directly respond to the discussions in the community.
However, the best way to report any bugs would be to get in touch with our support team via chat or email.

@Piumi_Sharesight Thanks for responding. Its good to know that someone in Sharesight is bothering to read some of the community posts.

I think you should respond to bugs raised in the community (if not ideas as well).

People are raising the same bugs multiple times and discussing them.
And because Sharesight typically doesn’t respond - there is no way to know if the bug is confirmed or fixed - or a work around exists

This wastes everyones time and gives the impression that SS don’t care and/or dont fix bugs.

A good example is this bug I raised (and others have reported since as well)

Bug with Average Purchase Price

Sharesight released this as a BETA feature in Dec 2022 (15 months ago) - presumably so it can be trialed, feedback received and improved if required?!

People are reporting bugs, giving feedback and making suggestions on this feature - but there is no response from SS.

If people email you for bugs - then it misses the opportunity for others to learn/understand and see if there are any workarounds - as well as to add other feedback/ideas.

I think you should engage with the community in the forum - its a big missed opportunity and is hurting the impression of Sharesight by users.

Also some feedback on your release notes:

• The majority of features released by SS are just new broker integrations - which add no value to individual users that dont use that broker.
  • You dont seem to list any bugs fixed - only new features or minor ux improvements. So people dont know if you have fixed a bug that impacts them (listing fixed bugs for a release is best practice)
  • I think you should try and solicit feedback on new features when reporting the release - its the one time people are more engaged with a feature and may give useful feedback

Hi @zavatari thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Please know that we are actively monitoring all feature requests. While we do our best to address completed requests, some may be part of larger projects and updates may not be available at this time.
Regarding the average price conversation you mentioned, we have an internal ticket with all reported suggestions and issues, but a final decision has not been made on this feature yet.
I have shared your feedback with our senior team for further evaluation on how we can best implement some of your suggestions. We truly appreciate the valuable suggestions you have shared with us.