BUG: Unable to enter ETH income/interest/staking rewards

Ever since I’ve started using Sharesight for Crypto tracking, the interest payment feature has not worked for me. When I fill out all the pertinent details, and click ‘Save’, nothing happens.

I tried this again, and miraculously I was able to enter a single ETH staking reward as interest payment for April 15, but once again I can’t do this for previously issued rewards. The dialog/page just sits open when I click ‘Save’, and nothing happens. No errors shown.

UPDATE:

I tried to retrace what I have done to be able to enter that one income successfully, and found the workaround: if I enter a whole amount, like 1, into Net payment field (and Reinvestment details > Number of units), I can save, and then if I update the entry and Net payment field with the fraction like 0.000072, it works! :exploding_head:

This needs to be fixed.

UPDATE 2:

After more tinkering, I am noticing an Internal Server Error toast in the bottom left corner of the page. Not sure whether it started appearing now, or I simply missed it before. They are easy to miss as they automatically disappear after a couple of seconds.

UPDATE 3:

After still more tinkering, the internal server error toast as per my update 2 does not appear consistently, so it is not the case that I missed it before. I will not waste any more of my time trying to determine the conditions for this behaviour. Looks like Sharesight needs to do some fixing and proper testing here.

Hi @evilbyte thank you for bringing this to our attention and our apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have reported this to our developers and will let you know once I have an update.

Thank you @Piumi_Sharesight!

Having entered a number of staking rewards via the interest workaround I’ve noted, I see other issues with interest and return calculations that result in incorrect information being presented which in turn affect instrument and portfolio return calculations. I can post these findings here, or start another thread if that is your preference.

I understand that you guys have added crypto support by building on the existing currency support, but it appears the crypto support is half-baked and doesn’t seem to support staking very well. In general, it looks as though anything beyond two decimal points seems to be giving the system trouble. I would be very helpful to have this fixed.

Hi @evilbyte thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. It will be great if you can share your other findings here as well.

We do understand that there are certain challenges when adding things like Crypto rewards and interest. Rest assured, we have plans to address these concerns, although it may not be immediate. However, we are currently working on a project to resolve the decimal issue. I will keep you updated on its deployment.