Assign Cash Account to Custom Groups

• What feature do you want to see in Sharesight?
Id like to be able to assign Cash Accounts like we can assets to a Custom Group
• Why do you want it?
I sort my Custom Groups by Broker, so being able to add the "Cash Account for that broker to that group) would show me amore accurate Value $ Subtotal, including money sitting, waiting in investing. Also allows me to more accurately compare the broker say Selfwealth and Sharesight totals and adjust or look for anomaly’s and sort before to late if there.
• How is this affecting you?
Subtotals are not accurate for each Custom Group as they dont include any Cash
• Do you currently have a workaround solution? If yes, what is it?
No
• Can we reach out in future to ask follow up questions about this idea?
Yes

Now obviously it would have to exclude that line item from any % growth calculations.
I would also recommend that if implemented that any cash account in a custom group is listed at the bottom of all other assets (not alphabetical like the assets are).

Example below is just on a single cash account to illustrate the idea but obviously I would want each cash account in it own custom group aligned to the broker etc.

1 Like

It would be ideal if there is a way to assign bank/cash accounts globally across multiple portfolios. In other words, two or more portfolios should be able to share a single bank/cash account. Right now, I need to assign a “dummy” cash account for a portfolio and then manually do matching entries in this account and the actual bank/cash account which may be linked to another portfolio. SO if proceeds of a sale or dividend has been credited to a dummy cash account, I need to manually debit this account and credit the actual bank/cash account. Clearly this is prone to forgotten reconciliations and eventual loss of data integrity