How to input Bullion - and price linking

Hi There!
I’m new here.

How do I input Gold and Silver bullion?

I also want to link it to the spot price. There seems to be many sources to get a csv price list on the web. Can Sharesight automatically link to this?

From what I am reading you want to link it to an etf. The iSLV links to the USD spot rate but I don’t think there is a equivalent ticker which links to the gold Spot rate.

1 Like

From what I can tell, ShareSight does not support physical Gold/Silver, so the best way to track them is probably to add it as a Custom Investment. That will require you to manually update the price though.

This is a feature I would find helpful too. Could someone from ShareSight let us know if it is something that is going to be added in the future?

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply Tony.

That seems a shame. Anyone on Sharesight, I would be happy with updated end of day prices rather than a live price as the bullion is long hold. I would assume that it shouldn’t be too hard to link up to end of day prices which are available on csv.

5 Likes

This would be a great thing to have as an option within Sharesight. I don’t currently reflect my bullion holdings within Sharesight, but being as it makes up 10% of my portfolio, it would make sense to track all my holdings in one place.

4 Likes

Yeah I would like this also. I currently put it in as an alternative investment and update the price manually every Friday (&/or month end) close.

I agree, bullion price tracking and the ability to add it as a custom investment is a ‘must have’. Any feedback here sharesight team?

II would also like this

Is the US stock symbol XAU/USD supported? This is the Gold Spot US Dollar.

Hi @dl888888 XAU seems to be an index and indexes are not supported in Sharesight at the moment. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you on this.