# Xero Integration - Multiple Currencies and Portfolios

**URL:** <https://community.sharesight.com/t/xero-integration-multiple-currencies-and-portfolios/2181>\
**Category:** Sharesight features\
**Tags:** xero\
**Created:** [28 May 2026 00:28 UTC](https://community.sharesight.com/t/xero-integration-multiple-currencies-and-portfolios/2181 "2026-05-28T00:28:39Z")\
**Posts on this page:** 3\
**Page:** 1

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![whitsunday](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/w/b5a626/32.png) [@whitsunday](https://community.sharesight.com/u/whitsunday)\
**Post date:** [28 May 2026 00:28 UTC](https://community.sharesight.com/t/xero-integration-multiple-currencies-and-portfolios/2181/1 "2026-05-28T00:28:39Z")

</div>

I decided to finally try the Xero integration with Sharesight for a few months up to EOFY before deciding if I commit to it longer term.

Two issues I found I am trying to work through and curious on anyone else’s experience or ideas.

- If you have more then one Broker account in same portfolio if for some reason you don’t send all the dividends to one bank account you have to split portfolios which I did that wasn’t too bad I can still do a consolidated view.
- The multicurrency is annoying in that Xero don’t offer it in Cashbook so you either run it in AUD converted or you have to buy a business plan with multicurrency but first plan with that is $100/month as opposed to $19/month for the Cashbook add on. As my US shares pay so little dividends if anything at the moment I am not pushing those dividends in.

Curious how others have dealt with the multicurrency shortfall and with splitting portfolios. I use a different broker for my US shares so I can trade and hold cash in USD between trades rather then convert back to AUD.

I would also be interested if anyone ever made the full to full Xero and if it was worth it for the currency hassle.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![kneblobster](https://sea2.discourse-cdn.com/sharesight/user_avatar/community.sharesight.com/kneblobster/32/1100_2.png) [@kneblobster](https://community.sharesight.com/u/kneblobster)\
**Post date:** [31 May 2026 01:17 UTC](https://community.sharesight.com/t/xero-integration-multiple-currencies-and-portfolios/2181/2 "2026-05-31T01:17:23Z")

</div>

I dealt with Xero’s insisting that multi-currency is a $100 a month-tier feature by buying Quickbooks instead. So far I’m very happy.

I realize this doesn’t help you much with syncing to Sharesight though …

---

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![whitsunday](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/w/b5a626/32.png) [@whitsunday](https://community.sharesight.com/u/whitsunday)\
**Post date:** [1 June 2026 04:26 UTC](https://community.sharesight.com/t/xero-integration-multiple-currencies-and-portfolios/2181/3 "2026-06-01T04:26:43Z")

</div>

Yes unfortunately it was the automated pushing of Sharesight that I wanted.
