Plot Orders On Charts.

Could we see our orders plotted on the chart.

The performance graph of each holding should show when I entered and exited. I can see when I first purchased (which is nice) but for traders with shorter duration trades, we’d like to see, on the chart where buy and sell orders were placed.

All the data is there on the orders we import. Sharesight even does the math and plots the dividends paid, but not the orders themselves… Unless I’m missing something.

An example. If I bought and sold 10k of APT four times this year, making entry and exit decisions based on my strategy. It’s very difficult to visualise what portion of the price movement I took part in. Sharesight merely shows me a chart of the price action that I can find anywhere - and for free.

Sharesight is meant to help me track my own portfoplio’s performance, so the chart needs to show the data it has on my portfolio overlaid on price action. Thanks.

6 Likes

absolutely necessary to track performance

I support this feature. It’s needed to inform portfolio decisions and track performance and strategy.

In addition, comparing the performance of an asset independent of investment entry and exit flows (ie like the share checker feature) against the performance of the same asset accounting for the investment flows would be great. However, I will not distract this post and add this feature request as a new post. See Benchmark asset performance against performance independent from trades

@brentleggett @apeeps @Viper I’ve passed your feedback on to our product team to review :pray:

If you don’t mind filling out the below template this will help our team :slight_smile:

• What feature do you want to see in Sharesight?
• Why do you want it?
• How is this affecting you?
• Do you currently have a workaround solution? If yes, what is it?
• Can we reach out in future to ask follow up questions about this idea?

• What feature do you want to see in Sharesight?
Plot/show trades on a shareprice chart. label BUYS /SELL trades so that you can see entry and exit points. It would be even better to be able to create labels or groups at the trade level to identify the strategy used for that trade. eg: you could label a trade as a fundamental decision, charting/technical trade, dividend strip, could be a recommendation from a subscription service, etc…then you can analyse winning strategies

• Why do you want it?
sharesight currently can tell you only what your performance is, but not why (ie which strategies work, or not)

• How is this affecting you?
it answers the question of why/how did you make money

• Do you currently have a workaround solution? If yes, what is it?
No

• Can we reach out in future to ask follow up questions about this idea?
yes

2 Likes

i tried to make a sketch of how this could look visually, thank you for considering

Just dropping a note in this thread that I would like to see this functionality too.

Another piece of graph functionality that would be great to see would be to visualise gains/losses on the graph. Currently when I look at my holdings graph it may give the impression that a stock/fund is doing really well, but in reality it could be performing poorly and has just gone up in value because I’ve continued to buy more of them.

Sharesies does this well - example attached. They grey line is money invested, and the red line is actual value, which can be above the grey line (as in this example), or below the grey line if it is declining in value relative to my average purchase price.

1 Like