LNK in Specie distribution of PXA shares

LNK did an in Specie distribution of PXA shares to LNK shareholders on 10 Jan 2023. How do I handle that in Sharesight?

I have added a new Holding of PXA shares with cost base of PXA shares at 10 Jan 2023, but what do I need to do to the LNK holding to reflect the loss of value/ adjusted cost base in the LNK shares

1 Like

From the Explanatory Memorandum 22/11/2022:
Australian resident Link Group Shareholders who hold Link
Group Shares must apportion the tax cost base of their Link Group Shares just before the Distribution between the
Link Group Shares and PEXA Shares held just after the Distribution.
The first element of the tax cost base of each Link Group Share and corresponding PEXA Share held by an Australian
Link Group Shareholder just after the Distribution will be determined as follows:
• calculate the total of the cost bases of each Link Group Share held (work out just before the Distribution); and
• apportion the result of the above calculation between the Link Group Shares and corresponding PEXA Shares
held just after the Distribution, having regard to the market values (or a reasonable approximation thereof) of the
shares just after the Distribution. Link Group will provide Link Group Shareholders with information to assist them
in determining the respective cost bases of their Link Group Shares and corresponding PEXA Shares on the Link
Group website (www.linkgroup.com) following the Distribution.

Can someone give an example?